200hr PART-TIME YTT MARCH – JUNE 2022
KINDRED MOVEMENT 200hr PART-TIME YTT MARCH 2022
with Kara Wheatley, Kat Harvey-Barakat and Mandy O’Keefe
We invite you to take an exploratory deep dive into yoga and the self, for a journey that will reverberate into all aspects of life for years to come. Together Kara, Kat & Mandy have combined their 18 years of knowledge and teaching experience to create a comprehensive, engaging and fun curriculum that will have you on your feet and ready to teach with a focus on the individual, personalised support, inclusivity and mentoring for each attendee.
Course Dates & Structure
28 March – 19 June (Part-Time)
$3,500 incl. GST (early bird price expires Mon 28 Jan. $3,700 full tuition)*
$1000 non-refundable deposit will be required at time of booking. We will contact you to process the remaining balance.
*$100 from each booking will be donated to Black Rainbow; a national advocacy platform and touchpoint for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander LGBQTI peoples. Payment plans are also available – enquire within.
IN STUDIO WEEKENDS
Fridays 4 – 9pm, Saturdays 9:30am – 6pm, Sundays 9:30am – 3.30pm
Open to all levels of yoga experience (as well as those who may not intend to teach). We believe this format will allow you to hit the ground running and fit in studies around your current lifestyle, so we can efficiently integrate and activate learnings during our in-studio practice teaching intensives.
Also included are ample one-to-one sessions with a facilitator for you to use as needed for mentoring, guidance or to work on areas of your teaching to ensure you leave this training feeling mentally and physically prepared to teach if you wish.
Course Curriculum includes but is not limited to:
History of Yoga & Philosophy
– Yoga’s journey from East to West
– Traditional philosophy and interpretations for modern teaching
– Exploration of the deities in daily life
– An introduction to Sanskrit
– An introduction to inclusivity and diversity in yoga.
– Honouring vs. appropriation of the practice
Self-Exploration & Self-Care
– Discover your why, develop a personal mission statement and mantra
– How to find your authentic voice and teach from a place of vulnerability and relatability
– Learn personal boundaries and the ethics of yoga and self-care
– Mental Health and yoga – how to support yourself and care for your students
– We’ll have you teaching from day one in an extremely supportive, inclusive and safe space
– Receive real-time feedback and support along with options to submit online videos for further assessment
The Subtle Body & Practices
– Daily sadhana, meditation and pranayama
– Introduction to the Chakras
– In-depth studies of key postures including asana labs to break down poses anatomically and energetically
– How to modify poses and how to use props for safety & injuries
– Understand how to ‘read’ bodies for intuitive teaching
Anatomy & Physiology
– Develop an understanding of relevant anatomy and biomechanics.
– How to safely prescribe a movement-based practice with intelligent alignment and review common injuries in and from Vinyasa yoga
Effective Cueing & Balanced Sequencing
– How to teach intelligently and intuitively with effective and succinct cueing (especially in this post-Covid world)
– How to deliver an energetically and physically balanced class using the elements as a guide
– Voice projection and the power of energetic exchange
– Learn the framework and basic principles of sequencing and theming to deliver potent and inspiring classes
– How to modify sequences for beginners and teach classes for multi-levels of ability
The Business of Yoga
– Getting started! How to find work in the yoga industry
– How to advocate for yourself and develop meaningful relationships with employers who resonate
– How to develop your own inclusive and diverse network and community online and in-person
– Social Media – how to create your own brand in line with your personal ethics and being mindful of your own narrative
– How to integrate Covid-friendly online teaching
Mentoring and Support
– Create lifelong friendships and support networks amongst your peers
– Receive 3 x one-to-one sessions with a lead facilitator based on your personal needs as a teacher trainee
– Receive on-going support from your facilitators as you start your teaching journey after YTT
MEET THE TEAM
Our resident anatomy Queen, Kara’s classes are alignment-based, strong, intelligently structured, sweaty and FUN – a combination of her down to earth nature and her expansive and continual training from world-class facilitators.
“I am excited to co-facilitate the first Kindred Movement Teacher Training and look forward to guiding students to practice and deliver a smarter and more sustainable yoga practice. To have everyone leave with an understanding of intelligent movement and anatomy and feel confident to lead powerfully” -Kara
Kara’s training includes:
Level 1 & 2 with Baron Baptiste and a further 200hrs with Laughing Lotus NYC in 2012.
Level 3 & Art of Assisting with Baron Baptiste, Yin Training with Duncan Peak,
Advanced Teacher Training with Duncan Parviainen,
Advanced Asana Training with Cassie Lee and more recently an extended 500hrs continued education with Tiffany Cruikshank and Yoga Medicine which is anatomy focused with Orthopaedic modules.
Kat’s teaching style is fun, strong, dynamic and intentional – designed to get you out of your head and into your body. What you may not know is Kat’s real passion is the more subtle practices. For her the best parts of the practice are done early in the morning and not on a mat – they are ritualistic, done daily and continue the process of involution to her truth. Kat’s goal as a teacher and facilitator is to empower you to live your life (not just exist in it) by stimulating all of the layers of you, so you can begin to peel back the conditioning and glimpse at the truth of who you are.
“I’m so pumped to be involved in this YTT and help you learn (or remember) the importance of Sadhana + the subtle body, investigate your “why” (practising/teaching/living etc.) and learn how to call on specific Deities/energies to assist you in your daily life. I’m also excited to arm you with tools of teaching such as cueing, how to use props effectively, teaching with authenticity and dabble in creative sequencing.” -Kat
Kat’s training includes:
200hr with Jessie Fenech at Grow School Yoga
50hr “Finding Your Soul” with Rebecca Campbell + Robyn Silverston
100hr “Sadhana + Sequencing” with Meghan Currie
25hr “Live from Love” with Meghan Currie
25hr “Heart Opening” with Patrick Beach + Carling
30hr “Myth, Mantra + Magic” with Heidi Trigar + Kate Henry (Yoke Yoga)
50hr “The Subtle Practices” with Rose Baudin, Bess Presscott, Thal Rinsky (Creature Yoga)
50hr “Finding Grace” with Dena Kingsberg, Bess Presscott, Thal Rinsky (Creature Yoga)
Pilates Teaching Certificate with KX Pilaties
Certificate III + IV in Fitness with FIAFitnation
Mandy’s jam is creating an uplifting and nurturing space in class where students can explore and expand within their own body and consciousness without taking things too seriously. She is infinitely inspired by yoga’s transformative power – both internally and externally and finds it to be a source of joy and strength. Mandy believes that in order to be a great teacher one must continue to be a great student, and is committed to continually furthering her own learning on her personal yogic journey. Her training is vast across several styles of yoga and she is honoured to guide students with a sense of compassion, fun & freedom.
“I’m so proud to present Kindred’s first teacher training with Kara and Kat – two of the most passionate teachers I know. We can’t wait to nurture you on this epic journey of yoga and the self, with a deep focus on mentoring and inclusivity.” – Mandy
Mandy’s training includes:
200hr with Power Living Melbourne
60hr Yin Training with Duncan Peak
75hr Level 2 Training with Duncan Peak & Adam Whiting
25hr Yin Training with Jennifer Crescenzo
50hr Mindfulness Meditation Training with Hugh Lee
25hr Super Sequencing with Laughing Lotus NYC – Deborah Langley & Dana Trixie Flynn
Essential Tools for Teaching Flow with Simon Park
20hr SmartFLOW Pelvic Girdle Training Module with Annie Carpenter
Embodied Flow Immersion with Tara Judelle
BOOKING & CANCELLATION POLICY
All payments must be received 2 weeks prior to the course start date. Payment plans are available – please enquire within. See refund policy below.
All cancellations must be received in writing to email@example.com with as much notice as possible.
Refunds will be given according to the following schedule;$1000 is non-refundable.
Students will receive a 75% refund if requested 14 days or more before the course, and a 50% refund if requested after 7 days. No refunds will be issued less than 7 days in advance. Submission of your payment indicates your acceptance of the cancellation policy
YOGA ALLIANCE STATEMENT
Kindred Movement aims to provide an exemplary standard of teacher training, with a deeper focus on competency and ability rather than number of hours of study. Because we do not recognise the Yoga Alliance as the universal governing authority on Yoga, Kindred Movement chooses not to be a member of the YA.
The coursework and curriculum for Kindred’s TT will far surpass the Yoga Alliance requirements for RYT200hr certification in any case. We encourage you to conduct your own research around Yoga Alliance should you wish to register, starting with an excellent article from Yoga Teacher Central here (https://bit.ly/yogaallianceinfo) so you can make an informed and educated personal decision.
Payment plans available
Inquire within- firstname.lastname@example.org